NTC involves in the conference the experts in theory and practice of pedagogical measurements
On 29-30 September, National Testing Center organizes II International scientific and practical conference "Pedagogical measurements: best practice and development prospects" in Astana.
Pedagogical measurements is a study of developing the methods and assessing the quality of education. The theory of educational measurement is developed at universities and research centers. The practice of the achievements of this study is applied in the centers of education quality evaluation, and testing.
The conference will be held aimed at understanding the best practice of assessment methods, discussing the new theoretical developments, training issues for the operating in the country National System of assessing the quality of education.
The following topical issues will be discussed in the conference:
1) Measurement tools for educational results (item content, evaluating of test item quality, perspectives for item development).
2) Monitoring and testing results: interpretation and its application formanagerial decision making aimed at improving quality of education.
3) IC-literacy assessment as challenges of modernity to the level of students' preparedness.
4) Forming the evaluation culture as a modern trend in teacher training in the conditions of modernization of education.
The keynote speakers and experts will contribute to each session in the conference.
Furthermore, the leading scholars and experts will organize the workshops on item development methods for assessment the reading literacy, science literacy, IC literacy.
The round table discussions will also be a part of the conference.
– "The research in the field of education quality assessment: projects and results".
– "High school final exam and entrance exam in higher education institutions in 2017: expectations of the stakeholders".
The evaluation tools developed by the National Testing Center (with the possibility to undergo trial testing) will also be demonstrated in the conference:
- The system of assessing the level of Kazakh language KAZTEST;
- Qualification testing of teachers.
According to NTC Director, K. Abdiyev, II International scientific and practical conference will be an excellent platform for an effective meeting of all those involved in the theory and practice of educational measurement, a place for discussion of issues in the field of educational measurement.